All international students applying to enter the Diploma of Dental Technology must:
- Be over the age of 18 years old
- Be able to demonstrate good command of written and spoken English
- Have verified evidence of IELTS Level 5.5 or equivalent
- Have completed an equivalent secondary schooling level of a High School Certificate or can demonstrate suitable work or life experience.
- Meet Student Visa (subclass 500) – Vocational Education and Training (Sub-class) requirements:
- – Be of good character
- – Are of sound health
- – Have acceptable health insurance through the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for yourself and members of your family unit accompanying you to Australia
- – Have no outstanding debts to the Commonwealth of Australia
- Demonstrate the capacity to meet basic living costs requirements set by the Australian Government
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
IELTS is the world’s most recognised English language testing system. Students applying for a student visa will need to provide evidence that they meet the English language requirements set by the Australian Government and education provider. CIT course entry requirement is a minimum IELTS General Score of 5.5. A general score of 5.5 indicates that the person will have a partial command of the language, coping with overall meaning in most situations, though is likely to make many mistakes. The person should be able to handle basic communication in their own field.
CIT will require you to submit evidence of your IELTS proficiency (General Score of 5.5) with your enrolment form. If you do not have evidence of your English proficiency, CIT recommends that you enroll in the Oxford College of English/Specialty Language Centre’s English for Academic Purposes (EAP) course.
Upon successful completion of your EAP course at Oxford College of English/Specialty Language Centre, you are accepted by CIT without any further English requirement.